Sustainable farming and winemaking practices are essential to preserving the long-term health of our environment and our community. Since our inception, we have continued to develop new programs that preserve our local ecosystem and ensure the authenticity and quality of our wines. Here are some of the techniques we currently employ.
- Minimized Tillage – Prevents top soil erosion and reduces organic matter break down.
- Natural Fertilizers – Brings soils into balance and encourages helpful, indigenous bacteria.
- Micro Irrigation Systems – Reduces water usage.
- Regulated Deficit Irrigation – Reduces water usage.
Weed & Mildew Management
- Beneficial Insects – Minimizes harmful insect population in the vineyards.
- No Pesticides – Maintains beneficial insects in the vineyards
- Sulfur and Mineral Oil Applications – Controls mildew infections in a low-impact manner.
- Minimum Strip Spraying – An effective way to control weeds.
- Routine Maintenance – Lowers fuel usage.
In the Winery
- Packaging Materials Recycling – All cardboard, glass, corks, capsules and plastic are recycled.
- Barrel Recycling – All barrels are sold for planters or used as storage containers.
- Grape Skins, Seeds and Stems – Sent to compost facility.
- Energy Audits – Ensures all machinery and equipment run efficiently.
- Electric Forklifts – Low carbon footprint.